Friday, August 1, 2014

THE MONKEY'S POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!

Hooray!

Oh wait, I should be crying right now, right?  My last baby is potty trained and so comes the end of an era.  An end of 9 years of diaper changing the cutest little baby boys ever.  An end to diaper bags, baby wipes, blow outs, and stinky trash cans.  Am I upset?

NO WAY.

As my Father in law pointed out the other day, each of our children took an average of 4 years to potty train.  This equates to 16 years worth of diapers over 9 actual years of changing them.

The environmentalists must hate me.  :-)

I feel free.

The Monkey took extra long to figure out that this was going to be an ok thing to do.  He was 4 last April.  I really think he was just afraid of getting his legs wet.  (Plus he liked being the "baby".)

       Here he is freaking out just last week.


We were down to our last 2 pull-ups.  I had my phone in hand, ready to call the Hubs to have him pick up some more on his way home.

Then I decided otherwise.  I've had it with forking out $20 here and $20 there for these stupid things that end up in the trash.  Seriously, $0.25-$0.35 in the trash every time he goes potty.  It was ridiculous.

So we dug our heals in and it worked!

Now he's doing it without being reminded, all on his own.  It involves a lot of chocolate rewards afterwards, but I really don't care.  I'll supply him chocolate as long as it takes to keep him using the toilet.



Yay.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts