Tuesday, November 4, 2014

And the Answer Is...

We are Homeschooling!

Pinch me.  I had been going back and forth wondering if this was the right thing to do, praying God would give me a solid nudge in the right direction.  He did and we have jumped in with both feet!

We were definitely not fully prepared to do this, but something happened at the school last week that sealed the deal.  In very short order I was calling the Hubs saying that I wanted this to be their last week.  He fully agreed and we put in our formal intent to homeschool paperwork that very day.


There are some heavy initial costs (and some ongoing ones as well) we will incur and so I was encouraged by a friend to open one of those Go Fund Me accounts in hopes we could fundraise a little to soften the blow.  I felt kinda weird about it but I went forward with it anyway.  You can see it here if you feel led to give us a boost.  We are very, very thankful for every single penny.  


Our initial plan is to work with the older two first and then pull the latter two as they get further along (and I get myself grounded a bit).  Much of their base curriculum is done online with heavy supplementation by your's truly.  We are hoping to start the online curriculum by the end of this week!




Yesterday we started getting used to the whole homeschool routine.  It's going to be a bit tricky as I spend a good portion of 3 days out of the house, playing schoolbus for the Monkey, and watching the Little Mister.  The director of our church preschool is SO awesome.   She set up a table yesterday for the boys to sit and work while I was taking care of baby business.  

They were so very well behaved and focused!  No whining, no tears... I saw a side of Hannes I hadn't seen before.  He was very intently working and yet so calm.  I can't even begin to tell you how fascinating it was to see that.  They both stayed calm and focused for much of the day, through our bible study, the book we read, and pretty much everything else we did.

Incredible.  God is SO good.

This without at doubt is going to be good for them.  I just hope I do this right and don't screw it up!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts